DIY Toilet Cleaning Tablets:
While there are many commercial toilet cleaning products available in the market, they often contain harsh chemicals that can be harmful to our health and the environment. Fortunately, you can make your own toilet cleaning tablets using simple and natural ingredients that are safe, effective, and affordable.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- 30-40 drops of essential oils (optional)
- Silicone ice cube tray or muffin tin etc.
How to make a Homemade Toilet Cleaning Tablet:
The process to prepare Homemade DIY Toilet Cleaning Tablets is very simple. All you need is to have the above-mentioned ingredients and follow the complete instruction as mentioned below:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking soda and citric acid. Citric acid is a natural acid that helps to break down hard water stains and mineral deposits in your toilet bowl.
- Add the hydrogen peroxide and mix well. The hydrogen peroxide helps to disinfect and sanitize your toilet bowl, killing harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Add your desired essential oils. Essential oils not only add a pleasant scent to your toilet cleaning tablets, but they also have natural antimicrobial properties that help to disinfect and deodorize your toilet bowl. Some popular essential oils for cleaning include tea tree, eucalyptus, lemon, lavender, and peppermint.
- Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined and have a damp sand-like consistency. If the mixture is too dry, add a few drops of water until it holds together when pressed.
- Fill your silicone ice cube tray or muffin tin with the mixture, pressing it down firmly to ensure it takes shape.
- Let the tablets dry overnight or for at least 6-8 hours until they are completely dry and hard.
- Once the tablets are dry, remove them from the mild and store them in an airtight container. You can keep them in your bathroom and use them as needed to clean your toilet bowl.
The process is simple. To use the tablets, simply drop one or two into your toilet bowl and let them fizz and dissolve. You can use a toilet brush to scrub any stubborn stains or residue, and then flush the toilet to rinse away the solution. Also, check the DIY Bathroom Cleaning that has been shared by the Busy Bucket professionals.
Important tips for Homemade Toilet Cleaning Tablets:
While making your own DIY toilet cleaning tablets is an easy and effective way to keep your toilet clean, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Use caution with citric acid: Citric acid is a natural acid that can be irritating to the skin and eyes. Be sure to wear gloves and eye protection when handling it, and keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using metal moulds: Citric acid can react with metal, so it’s best to use silicone moulds or muffin tins to make your toilet cleaning tablets.
- Store the tablets properly: Once the tablets are dry, store them in an airtight container to prevent them from absorbing moisture and losing their effectiveness.
- Don’t mix with bleach: Never mix toilet cleaning tablets with bleach, as this can create a dangerous chemical reaction that can release toxic gases.
- Test on a small area first: Before using the tablets on your entire toilet bowl, test them on a small, inconspicuous area to ensure they don’t damage or discolour your toilet.
By following these tips and using common sense, you can safely and effectively make your own DIY toilet cleaning tablets and enjoy a clean, fresh-smelling toilet without the use of harsh chemicals. Also, check the Bathroom Cleaning tips to maintain the cleaning at a higher standard.
Does a homemade Toilet Cleaning tablet works?
Toilet cleaning tablets can be effective for keeping your toilet bowl clean and fresh, but their effectiveness can depend on several factors.
The quality and ingredients of the tablet can determine its effectiveness. Tablets containing bleach or other disinfectants can effectively kill germs and bacteria in the toilet bowl, preventing the growth of stains and unpleasant odors.
The frequency of use can also impact the effectiveness of the tablets. If the toilet is heavily used, the tablet may need to be replaced more frequently to maintain its effectiveness. But, it is also important to clean it on a regular basis to maintain a better hygiene level.
You can also contact Busy Bucket Professionals to get the Best Professional Bathroom Cleaning Services. Let the professionals clean your bathroom and then you maintain that level of cleaning for a longer period of time.
Making your own toilet cleaning tablets is a simple and effective way to maintain a clean and fresh-smelling toilet without using harsh chemicals. By using natural ingredients like baking soda, citric acid, and essential oils, you can create a safe and eco-friendly solution that works just as well as commercial toilet cleaning products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are DIY toilets cleaning tablets safe for septic systems?
Yes, most DIY toilet cleaning tablets are safe for septic systems, as they are made from natural ingredients and do not contain harmful chemicals that can damage the system.
How do I use DIY toilet cleaning tablets?
Simply drop a tablet into the toilet bowl and allow it to dissolve. The tablet will fizz and release its cleaning and deodorizing ingredients into the water.
How often should I use DIY toilet cleaning tablets?
It depends on how often your toilet is used and how quickly it becomes dirty. As a general rule, you can use a DIY toilet cleaning tablet once a week to help keep your toilet bowl clean and fresh.
Can I use DIY toilet cleaning tablets on other surfaces?
No, DIY toilet cleaning tablets are designed specifically for use in toilet bowls and should not be used on other surfaces.